Sunday, May 22, 2011

Formentera, Spain

Formentera was a last minute stop and a last minute decision on my way through Spain. It is a small island in the Balearic Sea just off the coast of Ibiza.

I am so glad I made the decision to stop there. It hosted the peace, quiet and solitude I was longing for.  It gave a me a chance to do the writing I have been wanting to catch up on. I was able to write 30 pages in three days and set the wheels in motion for me to write a book. What happens to the book when I am finished is in God's hands.

Thank you, Formentera!



The view from my room
My work station

I wrote 30 pages in three days looking at this view. Not a bad office.

Nighttime at the hotel

Sunrise. I swear I didn't leave the hotel for three days. It is heaven here.

Pretty, pretty

I finally left the hotel today and took a bike ride around the island.

It was a bit overcast and rainy, but still beautiful.


The overcast clouds made for a pretty sky.

Walking towards Espalmador

The water here is like the water in the Caribbean 



The following day had a clear sky full of sunshine. It made a big difference in the color of the water.


The beach I went today is Platja de Ses Illetes

The camera doesn't capture what the eye sees. I couldn't get enough of the water.


Maybe tomorrow, I'll actually take a picture of my face.

That is a shark in the water. Well, not a real one. They were shooting a movie.

I took a bike ride to the other side of the island and popped into this sweet little cove, Cala Soana.



And this is what I came home to.




Another beautiful end to a beautiful day in Formentera.

More of the same beauty at a different beach today.


My new Italian friends.


I will be sad to leave here tomorrow. It has been by far the most peaceful stop on the tour thus far. 

No comments:

Post a Comment