Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Why Escape?

Why call this "Escape from LA"? Reason being, it has been 15 years since I first arrived in LA and 15 years since I have been trying to leave. The summer of '95 began a journey that will forever shape the rest of my life. It has been a bittersweet journey filled with excitement, pitfalls, disappointments, a broken engagement, uphill battles, health crisis, career changes, new friendships, falling outs and even a death.
I never cared for LA when I first arrived, but thought maybe it would grow on me. It never did, but I stuck it out. I have wanted to leave LA almost since the first day I arrived. It has taken me this long to realize that staying would be like beating my head against a wall. I am finally leaving and couldn't be happier that day is upon me. I am finally escaping from LA!

No comments:

Post a Comment