Thursday, May 12, 2011

Essaouira, Morocco

I am currently spending most of my down time trying to catch up on some personal writing so, unfortunately, I will not be spending a lot of time writing for the blog. 

Here are some great pictures from my recent visit to Essaouira, Morocco.



My first night's sunset

The view from my hotel's rooftop

The view at breakfast

A beautiful storm rolled in

Company on the rooftop at breakfast

The best hotel room in town

A room with a view

Waves crashed just below my window

The sweet and colorful streets of Essaouira

Mint. It smelled so good.

In the medina

The ladies preparing argun nuts to make oil

The city at night

Rooftop view of the main square

Rainy night walking through the city streets

I helped to make some argon oil

The best tour guide in the whole world. He delivered the best two days I could have asked for.

2 comments:

  1. Welcome Back chrissy to those of us who cannot be a witness to your brave amazing journey. I am happy to see you well & flourishing, my friend. Travel safe and when this book is published, I would beg for the signed first edition, plus an invitation to the launch party!!
    p.s., I would love some argon oil!! Talk about the fountain of youth....:)
    xoxo
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there, Miss Olakino! Happy to hear you are following and reading. I LOVE to read the comments people post to the blog.
    I'm going to do my best to update the blog of the past few journeys and continue with the next few stops. I have been writing a lot! A book is in the works, but far from being finished......then there's the hurdle of publishing! It will be a loooong road before anything fertilizes.

    The argon oil purchased is weighing down my luggage! Back to the States tomorrow to unload and repack for the next month in the Mediterranean.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete